Monday 11 March 2013

Make Brown Eyes POP with purple!!

First blog post,
So I was experimenting with makeup the other day as I had some time on my hands, I decided instead of the usual neutrals we all gravitate towards, I would go with something a little more exciting!
So before I knew it I had a purple eye look, I love the combination of black and purple liner on the bottom lash-line. Obviously you could just use eyeshadow for this but it really makes a brown eye 'pop' despite my hatred for the word pop, because an eye popping is thoroughly gross, but for lack of another word I must use it. Now my eyes are actually hazel which is a mixture of brown an green, but I guess it still counts... Definitely try this look out ladies and maybe gents, whatever.

For this look you can just use any purple eye shadows, put a lighter shimmery pastel purple/lilac on the lid and a darker, deeper purple in the crease, you could even blend a brown colour above the crease colours to add extra definition. Adding a cat eye liner will add dramatic definition to your look, as for the liner on the bottom lashes, be sure to make 75% of it purple, that's where the real POP comes from, the black is to further add definition to the look and bring depth to your eye. Curl your lashes (optional) and add a cracking mascara and you're done. This look is really up to your own preference so experiment until you're happy.


This look would be good for green eyes too!

Blue/grey eyes would be better with coppery colours to bring out the blues.

I've topped off my look with MAC Rebel on the lip, go for whatever lip colour you are confident with...


Have a good day!


No comments:

Post a Comment